Our offices are back open in Level 2.
Current Information as at 17th September
Wage Subsidy Scheme (WSS) Round 3
to help businesses keep paying staff and protect jobs
- Businesses must demonstrate a 40% decline, or predicted decline in revenue over a period of 14 consecutive days between 14 September and 27 September inclusive (this is the revenue test period), compared to a typical 14 consecutive days of revenue in the six weeks immediately before to the move to Alert Level 4 on 17 August (this is the default comparator period).
- if your business has highly seasonal revenue, you must have at least 40% decline over the revenue test period compared to the same 14 consecutive days in 2020 or 2019 (this is the seasonal comparator period).
- Further criteria details can be found here
- Payment is made as a two week lump sum at:
- $600 a week for each full-time employee retained (20 hours a week or more)
- $359 a week for each part-time employee retained (less than 20 hours a week).
- You must have consent from employees to submit their details
- Applications are not able to be tracked once lodged but timeframes are expected to be up to 3 days (while MSD verify staff records to IRD records).
- Apply below for the third Wage Subsidy payment - open until 11.59pm on Thursday 30 September
- If you didn’t apply for previous payment, you can still apply for Wage Subsidy #3 if you meet the eligibility criteria
- If you’ve applied for a previous COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021, you need to wait until two weeks after you’ve applied before you can apply for Wage Subsidy August 2021 #3. If you apply earlier than this, your application for the new subsidy will be declined
- If you applied and were eligible for the second wage subsidy, you will receive an email to tell you when you can apply for the new Wage Subsidy #3
- Further information on the WSS can be found here.
Resurgence Support Payment (RSP)
to help support businesses or organisations with one-off costs due to a COVID-19 alert level increase
- Available if firms incur a loss of 30 percent of revenue as a result of the Alert Level increase
- First RSP payment from 17 August
- Second RSP payment from 8 September
- Applications opened Friday the 17th of September for the 2nd payment if you have incurred a loss of 30 percent of revenue from 8 September compared to pre-lockdown trading as a result of the Alert Level increase.
- Must have been in business for at least 1 month before the Alert Level increase
- Up to $1500 plus $400 per full-time equivalent employee (maximum of 50 full-time employees)
- Apply here
- Further information om the RSP can be found here
Other support available:
- Leave Support Scheme (LSS): for workers who must self-isolate and cannot work from home
- Short-Term Absence Payment (STAP): for workers who must miss work due to a COVID-19 test and cannot work from home
Tourism Kick-start Fund Business Support: access support through the Government’s $200m Tourism Communities Support, Recovery and Reset Plan
If you need any support with applying for the above subsidies or have any questions regarding your eligibility please contact your accountant or email email@example.com