The Government has put together a COVID-19 Wage and Leave Subsidy for employers and sole traders in all regions. It’s to support your business if your employees are impacted by COVID-19. To be eligible you must meet the below criteria:
- Your business must be registered and operating in New Zealand
- Your employees must be legally working in New Zealand
- The business must have experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month when compared with the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
- Your business must have taken active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19
- You must make best efforts to retain employees and pay them a minimum of 80% of their normal income for the subsidised period
- If you are self-employed and applying for sick leave or self-isolation support you must earn more than the minimum wage
Employers will be entitled to $585.80 for an employee working more than 20 hours per week and $350 for employees working less than 20 hours. The payment will be paid in bulk within 5 working days of an application being approved and will cover a 12 week period. There is no longer a maximum one employer can receive.
Sick and Self-Isolation Leave
Employers will be entitled to $585.80 for an employee working more than 20 hours per week and $350 for employees working less than 20 hours. The payment will be paid in bulk within 5 working days of an application being approved and will cover a 2 week period. Applications can be made more than once.
The COVID-19 Leave Payment will be available to support people financially if they:
- need to self-isolate (as determined by the Ministry of Health guidelines),
- cannot work because they are sick with COVID-19, or
- cannot work because they are caring for dependents who are required to self-isolate or are sick with COVID-19
If you would like us to complete this on your behalf, please complete the two steps below.
Step One - You first need to gain your employee's consent to have their details submitted to Ministry of Social Development. Please ensure every employee completes the below disclosure form, if an employee is working remotely ensure the employee gives written consent by return email. These forms are for you to retain and keep on record as the employer.
Step Two - Once you have obtained these disclosures, please submit via the email link at the bottom of this page a copy of a payroll or other report detailing the below fields, preferably in Excel format. If you cannot provide a report from your payroll system, please complete the below template.
You must include your business name so we can identify you as a client and the reason you are applying in the email (1. Actual or predicted revenue has decreased by 30% over the period of a month, 2. Your staff are in self isolation or caring for someone in self isolation, 3. Your employees have COVID-19 or are caring for someone with COVID-19).
- Employee’s First & Last Name
- Employee’s Date of Birth
- Employee’s IRD Number
- Average Weekly Hours (to determine if over or under 20 hours per week)
If you have any questions or are not a current client please contact our response team on 03 943 6557.
By submitting this information to us you give Ashton Wheelans Limited permission to apply for the subsidy on your behalf. Ashton Wheelans Limited is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of the information you provide or the assertions you make regarding the reason for applying, nor will Ashton Wheelans Limited audit the information provided. You agree to a flat fee of $350+GST for the review and submission of your application, however if your application is over the original $150,000 cap we reserve the right to amend our price relative to the scale of your business and subsequent application. Should any queries or further information be required by Ministry of Social Development in regards to your application this will be charged at our standard charge out rates on a time and cost basis - we will advise you if any further work is required.